TWON PLATFORM is understood to mean the website named TWON PLATFORM available on vod.teatrwielki.pl constituting a part of the website of the Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera, and aimed at disseminating opera and ballet performances over the Internet as free Materials contained in the catalogue of the TWON PLATFORM; by electric means – on a live stream and video-on-demand service; in the form of webcasts distributed via information and communication technologies that enable the transmission of data over public networks, without the possibility to duplicate the Materials.
TWON – Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera is understood to mean the state artistic institution headquartered in Warsaw at Plac Teatralny 1, 00-950 Warsaw, RIK 47/98, NIP: 526-03-09-079, REGON 008281560;
User is understood to mean any person who uses the TWON PLATFORM in any way;
Material is understood to mean any photograph, audio or audiovisual material considered a work under the Polish Act on Copyright and Neighbouring Rights (Dz. U. of 2006 No. 90, item 631) and protected thereunder, published by TWON as part of a live streaming or video-on-demand service in the form of a digital file on the TWON PLATFORM.
2. Through the TWON PLATFORM, TWON disseminates Materials contained in the TWON PLATFORM catalogue by electric means – on a live stream and video-on-demand service; in the form of webcasts distributed via information and communication technologies that enable the transmission of data via public networks without the possibility to duplicate the Materials.
3. The use of the TWON PLATFORM is free and does not require prior registration.
4. The TWON PLATFORM does not store any personal information or details of its Users.
5. On the TWON PLATFORM the User accesses a Material by means of dynamic streaming.
6. Materials on the TWON PLATFORM are available in Polish. Only selected Materials are also available in English.
1. To access the TWON PLATFORM the User needs to visit vod.teatrwielki.pl and the other pages of the TWON PLATFORM.
2. To start using the TWON PLATFORM and access the Materials, Users must acquaint themselves with these Terms and Conditions as they are binding for each User.
6. The User may cease to use the TWON PLATFORM at any time.
1. Video materials of the TWON PLATFORM are accessible through multimedia players embedded in the service’s webpages.
2. The multimedia players use the HTML5 technology supported by Adobe Flash.
3. To watch live streams or videos on demand the User needs a browser with HLS support (e.g. Safari MacOS, Microsoft Edge) or featuring MediaSource supporting AVC and AAC codecs. All other browsers require Adobe Flash. Users of Firefox 38.x browsers or their newer versions may set media.mediasource.whitelist to false to enable playing the Material without Adobe Flash. To change the setting, type about:config in the address bar.
4. Live streams and VOD materials may also be watched on mobile devices using the iOS 6+ and Android 4.2+ operating systems. As for other devices and SmarTVs, the use of the TWON PLATFORM depends on the make and model.
5. Some of the archive materials have subtitles. You may switch to a preferred language using an icon on the player’s control bar. On mobile devices, subtitles may be set directly through the in-built player.
6. The player may also be controlled through the keyboard. Keyboard shortcuts are available if the mouse cursor points to the player’s window. Here is the list of available shortcuts:
7. The TWON PLATFORM is supported by the following browsers:
a) for Windows and OS X: Chrome 35+, IE 10+, FF 30+, Safari 5+
b) for mobile browsers: Mobile Safari IOS 8+, Chrome IOS 4+, Android 2+ default browser, Chrome for Android.
1. All user queries and comments concerning the TWON PLATFORM, including reports of errors occurring when accessing the Materials and faulty operations of the service, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The e-mail should contain a description of the fault discovered, date and time of its occurrence, and the name of the Material.
3. The reports shall be considered within 21 days of their delivery.
4. Within the deadline, TWON shall send the User an e-mail indicating a solution to the reported problem.
5. Should the problem be associated with services provided by third parties that need to be clarified, the deadline may be postponed.
6. TWON disclaims responsibility for any disruptions or inadequate reception of the Materials.
1. All Materials as well as graphic designs and editorial content available on the TWON PLATFORM are protected by intellectual property regulations and other laws.
4. The Materials are protected against downloading with a special safety system.
5. Any breach of the intellectual property regulations listed above may result in the User being held accountable under civil or criminal laws, in particular he/she may be approached with a claim for appropriate compensation.
a) general laws concerning the access to Materials are altered or their interpretation changes as a result of court verdicts, decisions, guidelines, or recommendations issued by applicable agencies or authorities,
b) the manner of supplying the Materials changes for technical or technological reasons.
2. The changes come into effect on the day of their publication on the TWON PLATFORM.